If you haven’t yet explored the potential of social media to take your business off the ground, chances are you’ll be left in a lurch and your competitors will take your business. Over the years, social media has evolved to become one of the most important tools for ecommerce businesses looking to effectively take their business to millions of consumers and buyers.
Remember, social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter are the ones where your future customers are. Once you register a good, if not formidable, presence of your ecommerce startup on the major social sites, even that will do wonders for your business. So, it makes sense to start taking steps to market your store on social networking landscape. But even before you launch a marketing plan, it’s extremely vital that your ecommerce startup devises a trendy, user-friendly and great website.
But most of you’ll agree that finding a creative design that can effectively take elements of your ecommerce business and showcase it to the world in a way that’s even more awesome is too daunting and too costly a task. However, with the ever-increasing number of online crowdsourcing platforms, it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility. Contests on website design, for example, offers countless opportunities for the same.
This article gives you tips to consider when you are planning to launch a social media marketing campaign.
- Create a Plan – Planning is a foremost requirement to achieve success and goals in any field of life. This is true also for social media marketing. Before you execute the marketing plan, make sure that you have taken care of all different aspects of it. Making an appropriate marketing plan well in advance will allow you to avoid common social media marketing mistakes. Once you’ve devised a plan, then, tweet, reply, like and comments accordingly on social sites. You can learn more about creating social media plan here.
- Review Your Social Media Presence – If you already have a social media presence, it is advisable to first audit it before your create any other social media profile. The review will help you efficiently manage your profiles and passwords. Make sure that all your social media profiles are secure and up to date.
- Engage People – To enhance your social media presence, you must engage your target audience with your content. So, create interesting content with visuals and updated information relevant to your business, products or services. You should always listen to your potential customers to engage them. Also, rather than waiting for the customers to reach out to you, take initiative to proactively engage with your audiences who are mentioning your products or services on social channels, reveals a blog on Hootsuite.
- Outsource Management – When your business grows, you’ll be left with a very little time to manage all your social media activities effectively, including social media promotion. So, it would be a better option to outsource your social media management rather than not focusing on it. You get valuable expertise, more time for your business and you can build a team of experts. New.Yahoo.com reveals a string of advantages of outsourcing social media and management.
- Drive Traffic – Your ecommerce startup can drive in a lot of web traffic from social media platforms. The traffic coming your way from different social channels is crucial for your ecommerce startup since these people are likely to buy from your store as they intentionally find and visit your online store. They are not accidental visitors of your store. Exacttarget.com reveals a some effective ways to drive traffic with social media and it makes sense to explore as many of them as you can.
- Monitor Comments from People – Social media is a place where people enjoy liberty to comment on your products or services, company and its business. But while positive comments are always welcome, many negative remarks or observations can potentially harm the reputation of your ecommerce store. Therefore, Mashable suggests you to ensure successful media monitoring to maintain a good image of your store.
- Ensure LinkedIn Presence – LinkedIn is a social networking platform that’s loved by professionals looking to connect with likeminded people. This is the site where your clients register their profiles and many of them may be looking for the type of products or services you deliver. So, LinkedIn is no longer an optional social site and instead your ecommerce store must use this marketing platform extensively. Velocityvirtual.com reveals some crucial tips on why LinkedIn is an essential social channel for your business.
We’re sure these social media marketing tips will help you a lot in boosting your efforts to promote your ecommerce startup. But each tip needs to be explored extensively to enhance your social media presence.